Friday, June 12, 2009

Absolutely nothing funny to say

So, I have run out of things to say. I am exhausted. I just looked at Sass's page and it said my last post was 4 weeks ago. Have I really not had anything to talk about for 4 weeks. What happened in the intervening time? Oh yeah...life.

Let's see: Me and Monikerless Man (we're just gonna use M.M. from now on, it's easier) and Roomie and Roomie's BF all packed up and went camping, but not just camping, it was Burning Man style. (Regional Burning Man event not terribly far so we made the trip). If you don't know Burning Man, google it. I'm not even going to attempt to describe. There was a whole lotta naked going on. But not my naked, no sireee. I have no photos....none.

I moved from Roomie's house to my new apartment. I miss Roomie and Lolo the jungle kitty but like my new place. I even suckered all my friends into helping me paint in exchange for food and booze. I don't know what got into my friends but I have a lot of booze left. (Weird, I know?) So the colors look great, but no so great with plastic tubs and boxes everywhere. I am not so good with the unpacking...also I have a very long list of necessaries (I think I am going to have to go to Fart-Mart, shit!). I have lived on my own before and was living by myself prior to moving in with Roomie, how is it possible I 'need' to buy all this crap?

I think there were a couple other things that happened. Oh yeah, work is kicking my ass. As a matter of fact, I think it has won and I'm just waiting for the final bell to ring.
On a side-note, if I schedule a meeting with you, drive 5 hours for said meeting, please have the decency to be prepared. DO NOT under any circumstances make me sit in your office for 3 hours watching you do your fucking job before we can discuss what my appointment was about b/c you're finally prepared. I will be very cranky if you do this and the five hour drive back will give plenty of time to think of creative and nasty ways to exact revenge. Just so you know.

On a happier note, M.M. and I both decided we're crazy about each other...and said it, ALOUD ...and then stared in different directions in awkward silence like we were 12. All in all it was awesome and painfully awkward. We're two grown adults acting like shy pre-adolescents...it's kinda funny.

(Disclaimer: This is a totally girlie, gushy moment I am about to describe, you have my permission to skip it).
Most people don't know this about me, but I love to dance. I am bad at said dancing but I love to dance. M.M. worked as a dance instructor, i.e. he is a good dancer. After we got everything cleaned up and ready for the movers at my new apt, he put music on and danced with me through the empty apartment. It was one of the sweetest things anyone has ever done for me.

That is all I have to tell you about for now.

1 comment:

  1. That last part is soooo sweet! Totally a wonderful image and a sweet moment to share and one that, as a reader, is nice to come across and very memorable, so thanks for including it. But also, thanks for the post itself. Good to see you again. I may steal your line about work kicking your butt and waiting for the final bell to ring. Good one.

    ReplyDelete