Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Empty Office Shenanigans

I am the only person in my office today. No one else could be bothered to show up...something about flooding and 13 inches of rain overnight..blah blah blah. Whatever, I live 20 miles from work but I am here..slackers.

On a side note, while driving to work this morning my side of the freeways were eerily empty while the traffic going the other direction was bumper to bumper. I'm not complaining about the lack of traffic but it was like I was in one of those natural disaster action/adventure movies and I was driving into the disaster while everyone else was evacuating. I was seriously wondering if they knew something I didn't.

So I have spent the first hour and a half of work catching up on my blog reader, surfing the internet and in general screwing off. I am now blogging for your enjoyment but in the back of my mind I am thinking about what I am going to do with the completely empty office. I thought about going through all my coworkers' desks. I thought about turning up my radio and re-enacting scenes from Footloose in the hallway. I am disappointed that I took my movies out of my computer bag and took them home yesterday. I could be watching a movie! I even thought about calling up the monikerless man and satisfying a sex at work fantasy. I guess if all else fails I could actually *gasp* do some work.

I am hoping you all can come up with some other activities to do in my empty office to keep me from actually working. Any ideas?

1 comment:

  1. Damn! A day late and a dollar short. (As if being a day late isn't bad enough.) Well, did you get any work done?

    I imagined an empty building, one dedicated woman sitting in her office staring at her computer screen, trying to think of what to do next, while just outside her 8th-floor window a giant Godzilla-shaped lizard monster slowly marches past, pausing briefly to cast a glance at the lone dedicated woman worker. So now, you need to post something so we know you weren't eaten or washed away by flood waters or something. (stupid hollywood images)

    ReplyDelete